Tuesday 2 October 2012

The longest day...

I made it! That may go down in the record books as the best, smoothest, most enjoyable journey ever. Huge praise to Air Transat and my upgraded Club Class seat. Excellent service, I was really taken care of, plenty of delicious food and drinks! I had sparkling wine, red wine (x2), port, and an Irish coffee...but water too plus a huge treat, Clamato juice! It was fun to see the Canadian brands again, like Lactancia butter and Christie's crackers. Then the pilot wishing us a good "vacation", ha! Haven't heard that in so long. I slept for a couple of hours, headphones plugged in, and was lulled by the turbulence. Sat beside a very nice lady who chatted now and then but not too much. When we landed in Toronto it was bright and sunny and 19C - hot! Had to shed all the layers I'd come dressed in. Susie and Glenn were there to greet me, big hugs all around. We drove to Peterborough in good time, just over 2 hours including a stop at Tim Horton's!! Medium coffee and a box of Timbits - I can hear Grace and Tara exclaiming in jealousy! Susie's house is beautifully decorated, I haven't seen it in several years and the changes are impressive. Lucy was so happy to have a visitor and jumped and barked and ran back and forth. She's so cute but seems so small compared to Finn! We just at a spaghetti dinner, I think it may be my fifth meal of the day? Lost track! It's 8pm here, which makes it 1am UK time so I'm a bit spaced out. Looking forward to chilling in front of the tv and heading to bed for 10pm. Tomorrow morning I'm by myself, time to relax and catch up on rest until Susie and Glenn come home for lunch. Then I'll take Susie's car and head to Stouffville and Uxbridge for an overnight visit with Lisa. Hope I remember the roads to get there! Susie is going to program her GPS so I should have no problems. Must remember to drive on the right!! Yawn, time for more water and yes, more wine. So nice to be here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment