Monday 8 October 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Woke up to a gloriously sunny day on the lake. The fall colours are so beautiful and I've taken a lot of pictures already today. Greg took me out on the ATV and we went through trails in the woods that were breathtakingly beautiful, with the sun filtering through the trees lighting up all the fallen leaves. It was a bit chilly but thrilling!Then I took my book and, wrapped in a blanket, settled myself into a muskoka chair on the high deck of the boathouse looking out over the lake. It was so quiet and peaceful and I didn't get much reading done, distracted by the loon calling over the lake and tracking it as it made its long dives, waiting to see where it resurfaced. Glenn came down and built a chimnea fire on the lakefront and put some blues on the stereo and we sat around chatting before Greg left to drive home. Kevin is leaving in a little while then Susie and I are driving Melissa back to Newmarket. It is so hard to say goodbye to them, I've really enjoyed their easy company.

No comments:

Post a Comment