Thursday 11 October 2012

Final Day

Hard to believe this day is here already - don't most people say that at the end of a lovely holiday? I didn't sleep well, mainly worried about Tara and her continued gastro virus, but was happy to hear she seems to be on the mend. Susie and I had a leisurely morning talking over cups of tea (me) and coffee (her) then headed over to Chapters. I love Chapters! Lost total track of time, browsing and perusing, considering and thinking. It was wonderful. There just isn't an equivalent like that in England that I know of. Next I had a short wander through Shoppers Drug Mart which seems poised to take over pharmacy, health and beauty in Canada, driving independent retailers firmly out of business. I'm not a fan. Which I admit is at odds with being a huge fan of WalMart, which I am! We had a light lunch to save room for my final meal - Swiss Chalet. Mmmmm, I can smell that roasted chicken and dipping sauce and slightly soggy fries which I'll happily eat because they remind me of my childhood. Then we hit the road, making out winding way to Toronto airport for my 11:50pm flight. The hardest thing I do today will be putting my watch ahead 5 hours as I board that plane. I object to losing hours, something about it just doesn't sit right with me, and I object even more when those hours are overnight hours! Don't bother reminding me that I gained 5 hours on the way over here; I know that, I've enjoyed them, I don't want to give them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment