Tuesday 9 October 2012

Crystal Lake

Today was the day to explore Crystal Lake! After a wonderfully lazy morning spent reading and chatting, followed by a hearty lunch, Susie and I took the kayaks out on the lake. The wind was up so we set off into the wind, paddling into Three Sisters Bay then on to Clear Bay and beyond before turning around. It was a tougher paddle back because the wind had changed direction and no matter how we paddled we were being pushed further out into the middle of the lake. We chatted so much though that time passed quickly and it was a great hour out exercising and taking in the views. I think my arms and shoulders will be protesting tomorrow! The water level is down quite far so much of the rocky shoreline was exposed and changed the whole look of some areas. The water was surprisingly warm; we were expecting our hands to be freezing cold but they weren't. In fact I decided on the way back that I would go for a swim! I didn't give myself much time to change my mind so after shedding most of my clothing I took a deep breath and jumped in! Glenn and Susie were laughing and couldn't quite believe it; luckily Susie caught it on camera, taking a few snaps as proof! Lucy barked her head off, racing up and down the beach, wondering what this crazy lady was doing. So the gauntlet is down, I set an official challenge to the Harper clan to ensure someone goes for a dip in Crystal Lake every Thanksgiving weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment