Saturday 6 October 2012

Peterborough

Friday was a great day spent in Peterborough with Susie. WalMart was the first stop and armed with Grace & Tara's request list I set off on my mission, basket over my arm. But first this happy pharmacist spent a heady happy half hour amongst the pain and cold remedies. Ah the heavenly sights of pseudoephedrine in 100 tablet bottles, acetaminophen (=paracetamol) in 200 tablet bottles, Polysporin ointment, Dimetapp liquid...it was almost overwhelming! Then onto the candy ans chips aisles, then Kraft Dinner, then beauty products...this was one giddy girl! My basket overflowed with cut price antiperspirants (I think I bought 12!) and Carmex lip balm (6) and mascara (6). It was hard to stop!! What fun! Susie has to stop in there today on the way to cottage and I warned her it's like bringing an addict to a crack den and asking them to just watch. I may just have to sit in the car! 
Next we had a beautiful lunch at the Magic Rolling Pin and a stroll along the main street popping in and out of shops. My buying spree had been sated however so came away safely with two Christmas gifts (yes for you G and T!). Then on to the LCBO where I chose a bottle of prosecco for Susie to try and marvelled at their selection of imported beers. She didn't let me linger since the gleam in my eye had returned and she could sense my fingers itching to fill another basket with goodies! Then to Chapters and the wonders of books and more books...I loved it and think I came away empty-handed but only because there were promises of ketting me come again before my return home. A quick Tim Horton's coffee (my third! Yes I'm counting!) then home to regroup before heading to the auction....!

No comments:

Post a Comment