Wednesday 10 October 2012

Back to Peterborough

Spent the morning packing up at the cottage. I took the time to reorganize my toiletries and shake the sand out of my undergarments after my impromptu swim yesterday! Susie and I helped Glenn bring the kayaks and paddle boat up into the top of the boathouse for winter storage - much heavier than they look! It was raining too and quite chilly. We drove to Bobcaygeon and enjoyed a lovely hearty meal at "Just for the Halibut", between the Beer Store and the Bakery. Mmm mmm good! I had a halibut burger with wasabi mayo and onion rings, delicious. Then the obligatory stop at Tim Horton's for a coffee for the drive back home. I've now lost count of my Tim's coffees, at least six so far I imagine. We only had about an hour at the house before trekking off to my second auction. This was a little less of a country auction, it had a seating area (!), and Susie bought me my first auction purchase - a Pyrex 250ml measuring cup, old style glass, can't get that shape anymore, to replace mine at home that has no visible measurements anymore. Got it for a dollar, along with a larger measuring cup and two serving platters! A lady seated behind me offered to buy the larger measuring cup so I charged her 50 cents, what a bargain! Can't believe how excited I was to watch Susie successfully bid for my little treasure (I was too shy to bid myself!). Once home we ordered pizza (my request) from their local favourite place called "God-ta have a pizza"; yep, it's the local Christian pizza parlour! We opened a bottle of rose wine, munched our way through the pizza while watching The Amazing Race followed by Survivor. I found a bit of time to reorganize my suitcase, re-rolling everything just like Tara would instruct to maximize space! I'm off to bed shortly, my last night in a bed until I'm back in my own on Friday night - seems like a long way off!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment