Sunday 7 October 2012

Cottage

Arrived at the cottage early afternoon on Saturday with Susie in the truck, fully loaded with bags and bins of stuff, including my enormous suitcase! Susie and I differ in our temperature requirements and had a laugh in the truck as we drove up, she in layers of clothes plus jacket and me stripped down to just a strappy top. I have been warm my whole trip, wondering why on earth I thought I needed all the fleeces I packed! We walked down to the lake and for the first time I was cold, hurray! Susie presented me with the most beautiful quilt she had made from flannel, a log cabin rag quilt by its official name, in an array of 21 different coloured fabric pieces in purples and blues. I love it and have already passed quite a bit of time snuggled under it! Lucky me. It's so nice to be with all the kids too, everyone is here through until Monday as it's a long weekend here for Thanksgiving. Last night was feasted on Susie's homemade tourtiere pie, garlic mash and roasted veg with chocolate fondue for desert, mmmm. We watched the Hangover 2, or at least most people did but I fell asleep regularly before I finally dragged myself off to bed near 11pm. Luckily I slept straight through until 8am, a first! Today is partly cloudy but the lake is calm and the trees beautifully coloured so I'm looking forward to a walk in the woods after lunch. Melissa and I already played Boggle and I'm gearing myself up for cribbage and poker later on! It's so peaceful up here and every time I come up I am in awe of what Susie and Glenn have accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment